[Cortina-list] DCOE Accelerator pump

cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com
Sun Jun 28 19:39:37 UTC 2015

<<<The one way jet in the bowl seems to function correctly so I'm looking
for suggestions!>>>

That's not technically a metering jet, it's the equivalent of a foot valve
and should close completely to direct gas to the jets when the pump is on
the down stroke. If the one from the good carb produces the same effect and
rapidly pumping doesn't build pressure the problem is not a blockage in the
system it's more a leakage. You say 'seems to function correctly', how are
you checking?
--
wink

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 12:05 PM, <cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com> wrote:

> Yes, they have a small aluminum washer to seal them.
>
> Both carbs were taken down to the bare body, blown out, cleaned and re
> assembled with a new rebuild kit.
>
> I went back out and took another look and the good carb builds good
> pressure in the accelerator pump and the bad carb will pump if your rapidly
> push the plunger.
>
> I switched parts back a forth between the carbs and all the parts check
> out good. It has to be a blockage that I just can't find.
>
> John
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Jun 28, 2015, at 11:53 AM, cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com wrote:
> >
> > You didn't mention blowing out the accel jet itself
> > And is that the jet that has the tiny washer to seat it?
> >
> > Andre
> >
> > Sent from my Mindfulness
> >
> >> On Jun 28, 2015, at 9:54 AM, cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com wrote:
> >>
> >> One of the accelerator pumps on my Locort isn't squirting. I pulled it
> apart and can't find anything wrong. The car has been sitting for over 20
> years so I'm sure something is clogged or missing. I've blown out all the
> passages and both check balls and weights are where they should be. The one
> way jet in the bowl seems to function correctly so I'm looking for
> suggestions!
> >>
> >> I read somewhere that there is a third check ball somewhere that works
> with the jet in the bowl but I can't find it on any of the diagrams.
> >>
> >> At this point any help would be appreciated because I almost to the
> point of keeping the top cover and throwing it off a cliff!
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> John (Las Vegas)
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone
> >>
> >> Sent from my iPhone