[Cortina-list] Belt tension

cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com
Thu Jun 18 19:45:15 UTC 2015

It's not crap but it needs to be set up properly when it's pressed in and when it does go out its a lot of work to replace.

If you don't drive it much it's fine but if you're already in there it's not that much more money for the updated part.

Also remember that this whole discussion started when Jim spilled the beans about the a/c compressor. If I was going to hang a compressor on my engine I wouldn't trust the stock set up.

When the clutch kicks on and off there's going to be a decent shock going through the pulley.

And while I'm on a rant waiting for my food to come I would have no issue welding an A/C bracket to a modern front cover made with good quality aluminum.

John

Sent from my iPhone