[Cortina-list] Belt tension

cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com
Thu Jun 18 18:49:00 UTC 2015

Jim;

Its important to take some info, and or older documents with a grain of salt, as well updated parts to solve old problems have issues as well, typically with  quality control, or the lack of it.

So;

There are two options for a inserted water pump, Burton and Bean, but a properly rebuilt original pump with modern bearing and seal is quite dependable.  Run a bit of water soluble oil keeps the face seal from sticking.

Belt tension doesn't seem to bother the current pump bearing, but rather higher racing rpm.

JMcCoy

Sent from my iPhone