[Cortina-list] Belt tension

cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com
Thu Jun 18 15:31:15 UTC 2015

I need your thinking caps to be put on.  According to authorities, the
twin cam water pump does not like a lot of side load and in racing we
usually us a small toothed belt which has virtually zero side load.

Background: Heresy, I know, I want to figure out how to package a small
Vintage Aire system into my Airflow Lotus Cortina.  The magnitude of the
task is daunting and the drive belts are a concern. So:

 1. Does anyone have a tension figure?
 2. Can someone take pictures of the crank pulley area of their Lotus
    Cortina. My car being in the rotisserie makes it impossible to mock
    up the engine for seeing that vital bit of information to help build
    a crank pulley.

Jim Hall
jhall23 at earthlink.net