[Cortina-list] John's Binnacle

cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com
Sun Jun 14 16:52:11 UTC 2015

Thanks John,  I do have the original binnacle for my car, although it
too needs some repair.  I don't think they fit very well in the
beginning and mine has had the fake leather grain pattern weathered off.
It will be a toss up whether to sand it out and do a nice paint job or
to wrap it in vinyl.

Just as a side story.  After getting the shell back from media blasting
and mounting it in the rotisserie,  I banged something with a mallet and
there was a horrible rattle.  I banged a few more times and traced it to
the heater plenum. The plenum had only been spot welded on the left
side. I can only imagine the proud owner of a new Lotus Cortina
complaining about this buzzing rattle and the mechanics not being able
to find it. "You know they all do this, it is that high performance twin
cam engine..."

Cheers from the rustoration

Jim Hall