[Cortina-list] Mk1 Escort R/H Tail Lamp Lens

cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com cortina-list at lotus-cortina.com
Mon Jun 8 06:51:39 UTC 2015

My recommendation is to buy NOS Ford/Butler lenses, regardless of vendor.

The 2nd link looks like a repro — they tend to fade very fast and usually aren’t as dark in the red bit.
The aftermarket Mk 2 lenses are just horrid.

Also Norm may have some, as they are in common with Mk 1 Capri.

Consider replacing gaskets while you are there.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rear-Light-Lens-Seals-Only-Mk1-Escort-RS-2000-Mexico-Twin-Cam-AVO-RS1600-NEW-/181443599303?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a3ee19bc7

I probably have a couple lenses laying around but who knows what condition they are in…. or where they are.

I’ve generally had very good luck with UK EnFo parts vendors on Ebay.
This stuff is getting harder to find in Australia. Also try eBay.de (search for “Escort oldtimer mk 1” etc)