[Cortina-list] {Spam?} Re: Cortina Info

John Miller jem at milleredp.com
Mon Sep 24 17:07:41 UTC 2012

On 9/24/2012 5:42 AM, Mister Lou wrote:
> That's an underwhelming design.

High beltline, tiny windows, ridiculous wheels.  Everything I hate in a
car.  A subcompact Chevy Camaro.

The second one looks like a cartoon version of a BMW 1-series, which is
bathtubby-enough in real-world form.

And I hate to think that if it ever got to production the Ford product
planners and engineers would be unable to get it past the accountants as
RWD, and we'd end up with another wrong-wheel-drive tin can with four
feet of nose overhang.

I'd dearly like to see something roomier come off the Toyota FT86/Subaru
BRZ platform but at least they got the chassis and the hard-points
(like, most notably, the cowl height) right.

John.