[Cortina-list] Tell me why I shouldn't

John Miller jem at milleredp.com
Fri Jan 13 16:35:17 UTC 2012

> I should clear up a typo on my part. I plan on using the cyl head from a
> 2.3 Ranger (not 2.0 as typed). The 2.3 Ranger head has the larger ports and
> no vari-valve timing. I just want a simple modern engine for my project.

I would consider a Duratec, but not if it involves $2500 in bellhousing,
water neck, etc. and a whole lot of kitbashing to make it work.

I also don't want to go past 2 liters in displacement on a four, the
folks chasing peak power want to go for the 2.3s and 2.5s and chuck out
the balance shafts and as far as I'm concerned they can keep that
combination, every non-balance-shaft >2L four I've ever driven has been
a nasty, shaky, buzzy thing and I'm not going there.

John.