[Cortina-list] We're getting sloppy around here

Bryan Engquist bry2002bmw at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:21:10 UTC 2012

""Duratec" and "Zetec" are not technical descriptions of ANYTHING IN
PARTICULAR. "

Exactly, so stop using the term "Pinto" "Crossflow" "pre-crossflow" "twink"
"Twin Cam" in these conversations and only pure engine codes for us engine
freaks ;)  . In all reality, i'm not sure anyone could find a "Duratec" for
sale by looking whatever engine code Ford Gave it, the engine is Termed
Duratec 2.0, 2.3 etc etc, and that is how you will find one. They are not
marketing terms when it comes to the engine, that is what they are called,
don't believe me, try and find parts using any other name besides that.
They are marketing names given TO the engine to try and excite / lure
people into thinking they are something special ala' VTEC etc