[Cortina-list] Tell me why I shouldn't

Peter Pentz peter.pentz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 03:38:38 UTC 2012

Despite our new found Global friendliness ......
Like it or not, Mazda is a Japanese product that has about as much genetic connection to Ford, as my Calculator has to a Slide Rule - .......   none !
So what are we saying here guys - now that Lotus (new Lotus remember) now uses Toyota (Yuk !) engines, we're OK fitting a 60's Elite with a Toyota engine ?
Get real guys, a Mazda is a Bloody (Japanese) Mazda, and not a Ford - English or American !
Get over it !  Just like fitting a damn Chevy small block in a Mustang. OMG - Henry will turn in his grave.
Fit a Zetech or Duratech and drop Maaaaaaazda out of the conversation Please !!!!

BTW - remember the Cossie Turbo's hitting the 500+ HP stratosphere in the 70's ? -  what do you think the Duratech / Zetech engines are based on ......
Peter P

Sent from my iPad