[Cortina-list] Fw: Photos of Ickx Cortina

KempsonCannons at aol.com KempsonCannons at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 22:17:06 UTC 2012

It doesn't make a lot of sense, except they used to get through a lot of
engines. When 166RUR spent 1964 racing in the USA, it managed to consume 9
engines in one season, and I guess that 167 and 168 did much the  same.

Run those sort of numbers out for the BJH, JTW, PHK and KPU cars, as well
as the race Elans and 23s, I can imagine a lot of stuff at the tiny engine
shop  at Cheshunt! Perhaps someone had to pick up a cam cover in a hurry? Or
maybe as  Jeff says, BRM or Cosworth had the old shape as one of theirs for
a while.

Incidentally, 166RUR is for sale again here in the UK....3rd time in about
6 years. Have a look at the photos in the 'gallery' in the advert....some
great  shots of it racing in the USA...

_http://homeofhorsepower.co.uk/works-lotus-cortina_
(http://homeofhorsepower.co.uk/works-lotus-cortina)

Mark