[Cortina-list] Christmas Holiday 2012 greetings

Bob Woolner r_woolner at mcttelecom.com
Sun Dec 23 23:53:56 UTC 2012

Good evening List-

Christmas is fast approaching! Today, here in New Hampshire, it is cold
(30 degrees F). While there have been snowfalls... nothing has remained
on the ground here, due to daytime warm temperatures... and also some
heavy warm rainfall. Oh well. Today, daughters and I drove over to
Vermont for an afternoon of skiing, where it was MUCH colder, and there
was plenty of snow remaining on the ground, at least at those higher
elevations.

As many of you know, I have been creating an image to share- a tradition
that actually goes back to some photo-cards my own father and mother
started making and sending in 1949. (perhaps I will scan those, and get
those safely stored on-line.. a good project for the upcoming week.)
Lately, with our daughters growing and moving on out into the world on
their own, I consider how to continue this.

This year, 2012, Victoria (oldest daughter) graduated from St. Michael's
College, and decided to try living in Washington DC. Antoinette (with
just 1 year left in her college) visited Victoria last week, and brought
down my cameras and related gear. They took a late-night metro ride to
near the Capitol, and set this image up... shot a roll... got shut-down,
literally just as they finished, by the Capitol Police for setting up a
tripod within "distance" of the Capitol... and next-day-mailed the roll
of exposed film back to me, which I processed and printed. 150-ish 5x7
prints get mailed out.

A copy of the scanned print can be found here-
http://www.lotus-cortina.com/cards/card-pics.htm

Float your mouse-cursor over the thumbnail images in the left-hand
column- the years should "announce" themselves- and click. but this
year's thumbnail is the lowest row, 3^rd frame from the left. Mandatory
Lotus-Cortina Content-  you can see my Lotus Cortina in the background
of the first "splash" picture.  Other images show our daily driver Volvos...

And so... THANK YOU to this list for help in keeping the Lotus Cortina
running, and THANK YOU to this list for offering to help Victoria and
Antoinette find a place to stay this past Summer. And THANK YOU, too,
for the friendships that I have made through the list.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

Bob Woolner

Hillsboro, New Hampshire USA

1965 Lotus Cortina
1963 Cortina GT
1967 Lotus Cortina (mk2) (very very long-term project... well, probably
will never run...)