[Cortina-list] New guy!

dave at usms.org dave at usms.org
Wed Dec 19 05:53:20 UTC 2012

Thanks Peter, I look forward to getting involved in the conversations here.
 I had a 1960 Austin Mini 850, A 1979 BL Mini 850 (RHD) and a 1981 Mini
convertible (RHD) conversion and ALL of them suffered from not only marking
their territories but also the dreaded Prince of Darkness courtesy of Lucas
electronics!  Sadly, job loss forced sale of all 3 along with my 1972
Porsche 911.  :-(

I was president of Mini's in Northern Illinois and chairman for the annual
car show for the Illinois St. Andrews Society too, Chicago has a very big
British car culture going on...Lotus Corps was one of my favorite clubs
there.

Work has sent me packing several times including a 4 year tour in the UK,
great experience!