[Cortina-list] Bought a Cortina Estate!

Jon Sherbeck sherbeck at doitnow.com
Thu Dec 13 07:23:48 UTC 2012

Doug,

If you can't turn the key, don't force it and damage the key or lock, try
some lubrication first.  WD40 or its ilk are good, there are others,
graphite dust can be good too.

Most old car failures are lubrication failures, although if talking about
MKI Lotus Cortinas rust, rubber degradation, UV damage, outgassing (i.e.
rear view mirror especially) and/or Ampere, Lucas, Smith come to mind.

The instrumentation voltage regulator must have been discussed here a dozen
times, when mine fails, I will ask about it.

Happy New Years to all!

Jon