[Cortina-list] BS e-Bay listings

John Miller jem at milleredp.com
Sat Dec 1 03:04:57 UTC 2012

> If you search e-Bay using "Lotus Cortina" as a search term, the vast
> majority of what comes back is not LC related.  Any body got an idea to
> improve the result?  Obviously, a massive campaign to teach the world about
> Lotus Cortinas would help, but I would not be suprised to find that "Sponge
> Bob Square Pants" fits my cars as it stands.

The problem is eBay.

They added this nonsense about the seller specifying what vehicle a part
listed for sale fits.

So sellers of orange windshield wipers and cheap car covers pick
everything from 1928 Alfas to 2015 Zils and the search results end up
polluted.

It's a lousy system and makes eBay far less useful than it could be, far
less useful than it used to be for most purposes I care about.

At the least what's needed is a search option to ignore the
vehicle-fitment crap and just search title and description.

John.